1963 Chevrolet Impala SS409 425 Convertible
- 1963 Chevrolet Impala SS409 425hp Convertible
- Only showing 42,210 original miles (less than a 1000 miles a year!!!)
- Optional Close ratio Heavy Duty 4-speed manual transmission,
- Mirror finish correct 922 code Ember Red paint show waxed and detailed,
- Beautiful 815 coded (super sports only) Black bucket seat interior with factory console,
- 120mph speedo, gen, oil pressure and temp,
- Original Impala SS steering wheel,
- Optional fast ratio power steering, Optional power brakes,
- Correct stainless SS wheel covers with , period correct white line tires,
- Classic styling, correct SS 409/425hp, 4 speed and low production of convertibles make this an investment grade, collector Impala like no other.
- Very original and unmolested ultra low production real deal 409 Dual quad Super Sport convertible,
- Original date correct QB coded 409cid Hi Perf V-8 with dual 4bbls @ 425hp,
- Original HD rear differential w/ 3.50 gears,
- Black power convertible top w/ matching boot,
- Full factory gauges including 7K RPM tach,
- Original Am radio with dual Antennas,
- Great looking chrome and stainless trim,
- Show detailed engine bay and trunk compartments,
- Great sounding dual exhaust,
Impala SS409 425 Convertible
409cid Hi Perf V8 w/ Dual 4BBLS
Close Ratio 4 Speed Manual
SS409 425 Convertible
Free 1 Year Warranty
1963 Chevrolet Impala SS409 425hp Convertible
Very original and unmolested ultra low production real deal 409 Dual quad Super Sport convertible, Only showing 42,210 original miles (less than a 1000 miles a year!!!) Original date correct QB coded 409cid Hi Perf V-8 with dual 4bbls @ 425hp, Optional Close ratio Heavy Duty 4-speed manual transmission, Original HD rear differential w/ 3.50 gears, Mirror finish correct 922 code Ember Red paint show waxed and detailed, Black power convertible top w/ matching boot, Beautiful 815 coded (super sports only) Black bucket seat interior with factory console, Full factory gauges including 7K RPM tach, 120mph speedo, gen, oil pressure and temp, Original Am radio with dual Antennas, Original Impala SS steering wheel, Great looking chrome and stainless trim, Optional fast ratio power steering, Optional power brakes, Show detailed engine bay and trunk compartments, Correct stainless SS wheel covers with , period correct white line tires, Great sounding dual exhaust, Classic styling, correct SS 409/425hp, 4 speed and low production of convertibles make this an investment grade, collector Impala like no other.
Determining the real 409 4 speed convertible that it is:
- the VIN shows it to be a V8 car as it should be on a 409
- the fuel lines run below the passenger side upper control arm, like they should in a 409 and exit just next to the fuel pump
- The block carries the correct "QB" designation for a Hi-Po 425 horse 409 on the pad.
- The block casting number is for 1963 409 passenger car engines only
- The resistor is on the firewall, again something specific to 409 cars
- It is a 4 speed, which was the only option for hi power 409 engines
- It does have a 4" fan shroud, and the fan sticks out of it by about an inch, another indicator that it's a true 409
- The interior code on the cowl tag is 815 for black bucket seats, only available on Super Sport trim
- All the hard to find call-outs are present and in the right location
- It has the tachometer on the column, and all the interior and exterior trim has the distinctive "machine turned" finish.
-The trim tag shows it's a true red on black car.
-It also comes with the original pouch with the Owner's Guide and Owner's Protection Plan that are all in very good shape.
-Included is the original 1963 brochure for Impalas, a nice add.
From the website 348-409.com
Year used: 1963
Model: Passenger car
Main Journal: 2.50
Rod Journal: 2.20
Notes: This block was used for all 409 applications in 1963. It is identical to #3798962 except that the cam valley area and area behind the timing gear has been redesigned.
All wholesale clearance discounted vehicles like this one do not qualify for the free extended warranty or shipping but can be purchased at our wholesale cost.
- Engine Size
- 409cid Hi Perf V8 w/ Dual 4BBLS
- Body Color
- Mirror Finish, Ember Red paint professionally show waxed & detailed
- Body Style
- Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Seat Material
- Center Console
You May Also Be Interested In
1) Vehicle Claims and Descriptions:
Vehicle Descriptions, representations and claims are based on what can be seen by the human eye, documentation, previous professional experience, opinion, factory claims, and, or, information passed on to us by previous owners or restorers. It's to the best of our knowledge that everything we advertise has all indications of being that claim. Please inquire as to what documentation we have on the vehicle you are purchasing. It is with integrity and honesty that we describe our cars, but they are in fact, up to 100 years old, may have had many previous owners, modifications or alterations that are unknown to the dealer, so it's not possible to verify everything about every car. As always we welcome personal inspections and or independent appraisers prior to the sale.
2) Temporary Hold Deposits:
These are refundable deposits to hold a vehicle while financial arrangements or vehicle inspections are being made by the consumer. These deposits will keep a particular vehicle off of the market for a period of up to 48 hours only. At the end of that period the vehicle must be paid in full or put back on the market for sale. If a customer needs additional time to complete the transaction, special provisions may be accorded by management of Flemings Ultimate Garage via a Non Refundable Deposit.
3) Non Refundable Deposits:
These are deposits of a substantial amount that Management of Flemings Ultimate Garage has agreed to accept on behalf of the buyer that will guarantee the hold of a particular vehicle for an extended period of time, in writing by both seller and purchaser.
4) Shipping / Transporters:
Flemings Ultimate Garage will help arrange, and in most cases, will ship our vehicles anywhere in the Continental United States included for free at our offered prices. Please inquire about shipping charges at time of purchase. We do not, however, own the shipping company. We sublet all shipping orders to National Trucking Agencies and can not be held responsible for exact shipping delivery dates and times. We are subject to the same Shipping challenges as anyone needing to transport a vehicle cross country. We do have excellent relationships with major agencies and enjoy very reliable service.
If Flemings includes shipping in any transaction it is a maximum of $1500.00. If the cost of shipping exceeds this amount or shipping is delayed for reasons beyond Flemings control, the customer will be liable for the difference in shipping costs.
5) Payment Methods:
Flemings Ultimate Garage wi ll accept Wire Transfers, Certified Bank Checks and Trade Ins with clear titles as payment for our vehicles. Credit Cards can be used for up to $3,000.00 towards the full purchase price. Personal checks can be accepted, however, the wait to clear time is 11 business days. In all cases, funds must be clear our bank before vehicles will be released.
6) Rates and terms subject to change at any time without notice